Tuesday, November 04, 2008

What They Don't Put on the Label

A recent bout of unexplainable itching led me to switch to dye and perfume-free laundry products. I think the itching has abated a bit. There's a danger, however, that the manufacturers fail to mention on product labels.

A less than meticulous housekeeper, one who say takes laundry from the dryer and leaves it on top of the hamper for a few days, may be dismayed to come back and to not be able to determine, for lack of any "freshly laundered" scent, if the items are clean or dirty. I, of course, don't fall in the category of less than meticulous housekeepers, but I have a vivid imagination, and I can see how such a thing could easily happen to others.

So, if you plan to switch to perfume-free laundry products, just know that you've been warned!

No comments: