Friday, February 02, 2007

We Interrupt this Broadcast

Must take time out from telling you about The Interview to tell you that the local public library, at which I interviewed for a part-time position on December 8, finally phoned me back two days ago (nearly two months later) to offer me a job. You may know or recall that the day of my pickle jar accident (Dec 19, I believe), I thought I heard the library supervisor's name on the walkie at Target, but I hear that she (the library supervisor) was never able to speak to anyone at Target about my suitability as an employee. Apparently, the library decided to offer me a job even without knowing what Target thinks about me.

Because I subscribe to the policy that honesty is the best approach, I told the public library that I am interested in the job, but I interviewed this week for a full time position that I will accept if it is offered. After consultation, the supervisor called back to tell me to go ahead and proceed as if I can come to work there, and they will take their chances (I hear they just had two more people quit this week, so they can't really afford to give me an ultimatum right now). Hence, I have given notice to Target, and I have an appointment at the city clinic next week for a pre-employment drug screen and physical.

It's nice to finally have some good news to tell you. Now, if I can only follow this up with even better news about a more recent interview . . .

1 comment:

The Back Lot said...

Fantastic! I would think that not much is worse than Targ at this point. Exciting. Very cool. Can't believe you didn't call and tell me, but, whatever... ;)