Saturday, February 24, 2007

What Next?

For those who don't know, here's a summary of my current job situation.

Today(!) is my last day at SuperTarget. Monday morning at 8:30, I report for orientation at the City of Garland. The job at the Garland Public Library is part-time, an average of 19 hours a week. I'm not sure when or how much I will be working next week, other than going to orientation and then to the library to have my picture taken. I told Garland that I was waiting to hear about another job for which I interviewed, but they said they would take their chances and for me to go ahead and proceed with the hiring process.

To complicate matters, I expect to know about the job at XYZ University on Monday. How, you ask, am I so prescient? My contact at XYZU left me a message Thursday evening (I was at work) asking for me to call him on Monday (he was going to be out of the office on Friday). So, your guess is as good as mine. Stay tuned for more details!

No comments: