As a weak speller, I always defer to the more educated around me. But you have led me astray. I thought "anntenas" was the wrong spelling for "antennas", but as I typed my response, I saw anntenas peaking out from the response form, so switched spellings. Daniel, who is constantly at my side, even with spell check, keeps reminding me to look it up. To this day, my 1962 New Collegiate version remains the most useful and the most used.
Sorry abt that, anon. I see that I spelled it two different ways in my post. Your initial response was right--antenna is correct. But I had to check m-w.com to make sure.
How's this for another use for Auntie K's word of the day: I always have my antennae up for good books to read. That's a figurative use, of course, and it is so true, although I have "so many books, so little time" emblazoned on my forehead (also figuratively).
5 comments:
We have to use an "Antenna" for our tv because we are too poor to have cable. There is my sentence.
I found several anntenas under the toe kick of our kitchen cabinets. They were attached to some very lively bodies.
As a weak speller, I always defer to the more educated around me. But you have led me astray. I thought "anntenas" was the wrong spelling for "antennas", but as I typed my response, I saw anntenas peaking out from the response form, so switched spellings. Daniel, who is constantly at my side, even with spell check, keeps reminding me to look it up. To this day, my 1962 New Collegiate version remains the most useful and the most used.
Sorry abt that, anon. I see that I spelled it two different ways in my post. Your initial response was right--antenna is correct. But I had to check m-w.com to make sure.
How's this for another use for Auntie K's word of the day: I always have my antennae up for good books to read. That's a figurative use, of course, and it is so true, although I have "so many books, so little time" emblazoned on my forehead (also figuratively).
Post a Comment