When my mother catches a cold and loses her taste, she sometimes worries that the loss might be permanent. In similar fashion, I'm a bit worried that my lack of creativity and/or interesting events to blog about might become permanent.
The only mildly interesting event lately was the opportunity to chaperone a church dance last Saturday. Twenty+ years is apparently not enough time since my last youth dance for the pain to have dissipated--it made me nervous and self-conscious just being there as an adult! The girls I drove all seemed to have a good time. They spent the whole ride there and back (hour each way) sharing iPods, two girls to a player, one girl to one ear bud, and texting various people in and out of the car. What did teens do before iPods and phones?
BTW - Octavia and Arachnus have gone on to that big vacuum bag in the sky. That's about the only other thing of note lately--I managed to thoroughly clean the kitchen and semi-thoroughly clean the bathroom this week.
1 comment:
OMG. I don't think I would be able to drum up the fortitude for surviving a church dance. My hat's off to you. An older woman in my ward just married a man she met at the New Year's Eve dance. As usual, I'm glad it works for someone.
Post a Comment