I own an inherited TV with a universal remote. I'm not complaining in the least, but that piece of information may help you understand why I've never been able to turn on closed captioning while the TV volume is up. So, if I need to backtrack to see what pithy insult Greg House has just hurled at some deserving minion, I have to mute the volume. I often wished I could have captions and sound at the same time.As they say, be careful of what you hope for, because it might come true. And so it has for me. I don't know what magic remote button I pushed, but now I have closed captioning all the time and I can't turn it off.
Any advice?
2 comments:
How funny. You sound like me. My family were all gathered around at my aunt's house to watch the PBS Masterpiece "Sense & Sensibility" and their Rock Band system was still hooked up so we had to use the instruments as the remote. Then we couldn't figure out how to take off the subtitles so we read the entire time. Funny thing is that I learned some things I hadn't heard correctly all the times before.
You can try using the TV's built in menu to turn off the captions. If you can't get the remote to bring up the TV menu, you can try the buttons on the TV itself. If a menu button is not marked, try pushing a combination of two buttons at the same time (e.g., both channel up and channel down).
Post a Comment