You may remember that I told you I read 46 books last year. In my week of doing nothing, I managed to watch 4 episodes of Veronica Mars (and one L&O) on one weeknight, and I read a novel on another night (Michael Connelly's City of Bones).
I started the book soon after arriving home from work, probably at 5pm or so. I was done and ready to go to bed at midnight or so, a fairly acceptable bedtime if you discount my plans for the summer.
This got me thinking. I could potentially raise that 46 to about 260 if I did nothing but come home every weekday and read a book. Actually, if I threw in the audiobooks I listened to, the number would be even higher (btw, I'm in a bit of an audiobook funk right now. I can't find anything else at MTSU I want to listen to, and I've exhausted all the Jodi Picoult audios at the PL...).
1 comment:
I started listening to "Water for Elephants," which seems like a good book and a good reading of it.
If you haven't read/listened to one of my faves, "The Time Traveler's Wife," I *hihgly* recommend it--the abridged audio version is gorgeous and I have already listened to it five times since January--I recently bought the unabridged but haven't listened to it yet.
"Memoirs of a Geisha" (unabridged) is another one I had to buy, it's so gorgeously read.
Post a Comment