Friday, May 23, 2008

It Pays to be Lazy

Instead of going to the track after work yesterday, as I should have, I went to Ulta instead. I bought what I believe to be my first prestige cosmetics purchase--stila lip glaze (in berry). I'm trying to not think about the fact that I just paid $22 for lip gloss, but it is very nice lip gloss.

Anyway, it turns out that skipping the track was the right move. Sometime between 5 and 10 pm last night, the water in my apartment went out. I probably would not have jumped into the shower as soon as I got home from the track, and would have been very sorry later to have to spend the night and next day wearing my dried sweat. As it was, I "freshened up" this morning with moistened wipes, brushed my teeth with bottled water, and came to work early to wash my face and put on makeup (and use the toilet). So, I may be fat, but at least I'm not totally smelly!

2 comments:

the duchess said...

So many comments on just one post.

1. Was it worth the $22? To justify paying that it would have to be named Franco and make me breakfast every morning.

2. I had a similar water experience a few months ago. I attempted to wash my hair in the sink like the Prell commercial (but with bottled water). Not so successful.

Auntie K said...

Well, it is really nice lip gloss. And it should last forever. I can't imagine how much bottled water it would take to wash my or your hair in the sink. More than I had on hand. (Turns out when they were replacing water meters last night at 5pm, they forgot to turn my water back on.)