Friday, December 14, 2007

A Quiz

Here's the question currently posed on the whiteboard by the office back door. So you tell me--

What's Your Favorite Christmas Goodie?

7 comments:

Brooke said...

Puffed rice balls, hands down. One year my mom didn't make them because she thought we didn't care but she was wrong. We haven't missed a year since.

Auntie K said...

That's the answer I wrote on the board, except that Santa brought puffed wheat balls to our house.

Anonymous said...

Meatgrinder Candy, though I'm probably a minority of one. I'd forgotten about the puffed wheat balls because Santa hasn't brought them for years, but I liked them when he did.

the duchess said...

Oh, gosh! That's like asking Imelda Marcos which pair of shoes she likes most. If I had to pick just one I guess it'd be our family's traditional Christmas breakfast--Seeky Cake (coffee cake) and the orange from your stocking. Mmmm.

Auntie K said...

Dear Readers, you're reading my mind! I too didn't know what to put down as the answer to that question, since there are so many good things to eat at Christmas. And Anonymous, here's the exact answer I wrote on the board, "puffed wheat balls that Santa leaves in our stockings (or at least he did before he got too old and tired)."

Auntie K said...

After consulting with Mother, I determined that Meatgrinder candy sounds vaguely familiar and I must have eaten it at some point, though I didn't know it by that name. Maybe we should make some on Wednesday. Or not. I think I'll honor the day by finishing my oj before I start my cereal.

Kalifornia Love said...

Anything that I don't have to cook myself is my favorite these days. My office is lousy with Christmas food this morning. By 9 AM, I've already exceeded my calorie intake for the day.