that I didn't know about baked oatmeal? We're eating breakfast at Seminary tomorrow and I was a little worried there won't be enough food (in reality, we'll probably have pancakes coming out our ears). After considering and discarding several french toast casserole recipes, I happened upon this oatmeal recipe. I came right home and made up a batch to make sure it would turn out.
It turned out perfect! I used pecans and Craisins for the nuts and fruit, and followed all the directions assiduously. The result? Super yummy (assuming you like oatmeal) and super easy (assuming you have the hour to wait while it bakes).
BTW, I read about the recipe at Cast Sugar, which looks like a pretty nifty blog. Anyone who bakes as many cookies as she does, and whose family favorite is molasses cookies, is OK in my book!
1 comment:
I will have to try it. Blanched and steamed oatmeal (not instant) also results in an entirely different product than the old "boil it for 5 minutes" approach.
Post a Comment