Saturday, October 27, 2007

Something's Wrong

I know my 50+ readers will laugh at me, but I'm starting to feel old. Reasons and examples:

I was wide awake by 4:04 am this morning and decided to get up and come to the office, with the vague idea of cleaning my desk. On a Saturday.

My baby brother will be 30 years old in a few short months.

Gray hair.

I don't remember what it's like to be 16.

2 comments:

the duchess said...

1) That happens to me every once in a while, usually when I have too much on my mind. However, I would never go to the office to clean on a Saturday. That, my friend, was your fatal error. Instead head to Nordstrom's, or at least Target.
2)I'm just as aged as your bro, A.
3)I, too, have more silver hair.
4)Funny...I was just observing teens last night and thinking that same thing.

Starrlett said...

Remembering what it's like to be 16 is highly overrated. Unfortunately, I can still tell you what I was like at that age:

1) Thought I was the best thing, like, since the fantasy novel was invented.

2) World news and events--bleh. They don't matter if they don't happen to *me*, right?

3) Saturday nutritional consumption: 2 cans Dr. Pepper, I frozen Tony's pizza, 1 half pan of brownies baked that morning, half a bag of Doritos (before they came in multiple flavors).

Okay, I'm maybe a little jealous now that #3 used to not go directly to my hips/thighs/whatever that gushy area between my legs and derierre is. But still.