Sunday, October 21, 2007

Here for the Duration, or, Woe is Me

Monday I'm teaching three instruction classes between 9am and 12:45, and then I am on the desk from 6 to 9pm. (We won't discuss that fact that it's 6:40 in the middle of my 3-10pm Sunday night shift and I have nothing planned for tomorrow's seminary lesson, but I thought I'd would mention it in the interest of disclosure.)

I had planned to take a "split-day" Monday and go home between 12:45 and 5:45. After last night's trip to Costco, however, I think I'll try spending my split-day in the office. That way, I save the hour of driving back and forth, save electricity by not running the A/C at home, and if I plan carefully, I will have access to adequate food and drink. Because let's face it, if I go home, what will I do? The plan would be to work on seminary and eat and maybe nap for a bit, but the reality is that I would nap and maybe eat and probably not work on seminary at all.

At the office, however, I can work on my seminary lesson just as well as at home, and thanks to Costco, I can even nap in my office in relative comfort. Hey, if it worked for George, why can't it work for me?

No comments: