Has it really been nine days since I posted, and a throw-away post at that? I'm afraid this is another throw-away, but I'm doing what I can.
I had a wonderful time playing with Allie and Jack in Austin last weekend, and I'll post a picture or two in a bit. I was back at work on Tuesday, and when my friend Amy asked me to hand her something within my reach, I nearly replied "hand me that paper, please?" before I caught myself. After spending time with a two year old, that kind of response is nearly automatic. Actually, Allie is very good about being polite, and Jen could tell you all the reasons to not verbally encourage a child to say "please" or "thank you," but I still do it.
The picture I wish I had taken was of Jack crawling on the floor with a pair of my black socks in his mouth. I guess any mother can attest that it's not the fancy, glittery toys that attract, it's the mundane things like a bottle of water, a pair of socks, two plastic cups...
2 comments:
We enjoyed your visit and hope we can do it again sometime soon. I, too, sometimes walk around with socks in my mouth, but just can't pass up the chance to replace the socks with a nice shiny, glitter star.
Yeah, a glitter star does sound better than socks.
Post a Comment