Friday, October 05, 2007

Falling Short


To be perfectly honest, I'm not having the best time in Savannah (not the worst time either, so I'll survive). Here's a picture I took this afternoon. I wish I had more pictures to show, but I always feel so stupid walking around with my camera like a tourist (even though I am one), that I usually don't take too many pictures (and I'm not a very good photographer anyway, so you're not missing much). I wish I could tell you what church is in the picture, but I can't, since I didn't bother to find out. Guess the precise, detail-oriented librarian part of my brain had shut down by then.

3 comments:

Starrlett said...

:( Sorry to hear that! Hope the time improved... conferences can be tough when you're not one of those natural extroverts. I always get back to my hotel room exhausted really early in the evening.

Man, I miss having you around to chat with. It's really not the same here without you!

Auntie K said...

Yes, as you can imagine, things did look up on Saturday. But how do those extroverts do it?

Maybe we need to take a field trip to a peer institution to see how things are done. I thought we could visit each other, but apparently UNT is an MTSU peer but MTSU is not a UNT peer (think you have your sights set higher than us). But we could both visit George Mason or something. You can be the trip photographer!

the duchess said...

Hmm. So would you recommend Savannah for the not-so-average roadtripper? My friend and Mom were just plotting a jaunt for us to eat at Paula Deen's famous Lady & Sons restaurant. Naturally, I'm more excited about all their boasted haunted sights. Better than "Cats"?