Thursday, August 02, 2007

A Quiz Winner



And the gold star goes to...

my (anonymous) mother, for correctly identifying L. M. Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables as the source of this quotation:

"This child had taken and lost her treasured amethyst brooch and now sat there calmly without the least apparent compunction or repentance."

How appropriate, since it was by reading my mother's copy that I first learned to love that book, and it was my same dear mother who drove me to the public library to read all the sequels.

Well done!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey-It took me 30 seconds to Google the answer, but I did not enter on the assumption that was cheating. However, in today's environment, I am not sure if most folks would think it underhanded to let the digital domain answer the question. And, no I have never read AoGG. Don't think I will the action/spy genre dries up. With B.P. starting the CW all over again, I expect a whole new crop of folks to keep me from AoGG.