Sunday, July 01, 2007

Dreaming

I had a roommate in college, the same one who said she was going to choose a graduate school based on whether they would let her wear sweats to class, who would look at the cookbook when she was hungry, as a way of satisfying herself.

Spread out on the bed next to me, and on the stool and floor next to the bed, are the following:
  • Baking with Julia
  • A Potful of Recipes
  • Small-Batch Baking
  • Maida Heatter's New Book of Great Desserts
  • Quick & Healthy Volume II
  • The Good Housekeeping Illustrated Book of Desserts
  • Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book
Why, then, am I still hungry?

2 comments:

Starrlett said...

Oooo, I like your new blog theme! So pretty!!! Especially the metro map bit--makes me miss DC. :(

Okay, so I'm not vegan, either, but this is an interesting trip in baking: http://vegancupcakes.wordpress.com/

Annie recently made pumpkin cupcakes from this book, complete with some lemony buttercream frosting, and I about died, it was so good.

Auntie K said...

You're so much more observant than I. I didn't even pay attention to what the graphics actually are. I know the preset colors in their graphics don't match what I have in the blog, but I'm leaving that for another day (or week).

And thanks for sharing!