Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Form is Everything


Some (or all) of you may know I'm participating in a 10-week wellness program at work. Thank you, A2 and M, for being so kind as to check up on my progress when we talk. If anyone else is wondering how I'm doing, here's the lowdown:

*According to my fitness coach, Andy, my form on the dumbbell curl is better than 98% of the people in the weight room. Andy doesn't know I own a (purloined) copy of The Weider System of Bodybuilding and that I once received personal coaching at Austin's Gym.

*At week 4, I have yet to lose any weight. I also have yet to gain any weight.

*I meet for 30 minutes one-on-one with the Registered Dietitian this week. I don't think she'll have many words of praise for me when she sees my food journal, even though I "forgot" to record the 3 heaping spoonfuls of Marshmallow Fluff I ate last night.

*I'm at the weight room 2-3 times a week and doing cardio (usually the elliptical machine) 2-3 times a week. Andy said I need to be doing 40 mins of cardio 4 times a week or more if I really want to see any results. If only I had an elliptical machine in my super air conditioned living room...


photo: Chicago Daily News, Inc. (c. 1905). [Photograph of a man with his hands on a weight lifting apparatus]. Chicago Daily News negatives collection, DN-0003451. Courtesy of the Chicago Historical Society. Available from Library of Congress American Memory.

No comments: