I showed up for work Thursday wearing a new blouse, lipstick, a new hairstyle, and nail varnish. You think at least one person would have commented on how nice I looked.
Here's the history: I stopped at the outlets on the way back from Austin on Monday and splurged on my first pair of Skechers and two blouses from Eddie Bauer**. Then Thursday morning, I went for my last haircut before moving, and finally took a more definitive step toward growing my hair out a bit. Hence, I'm wearing it flipped up all over, and I love it. Or at least, I will love it until the time I have to style it myself***.
As for the nails and lips, Wednesday, I came home from work and watched two episodes of Heroes and three epsiodes of Lost (yes, Starrlett, I am still watching). I felt guilty about watching five hours of TV (minus commercials--(I don't do commercials) without doing anything more than eating pizza, so I decided to varnish my fingernails while I was sitting there. And then, the lipstick seemed a natural match for the nail varnish (I am fond of lipstick, but usually don't wear it to work because it will rub off on the Diet Coke can I'm drinking in the car on the way to work).
*I started this post Thursday, when it had more immediacy and didn't seem so stupid and trivial. It's now Saturday, and I'm finally getting back to it.
**I thought the blouses I bought were current season items, but I can't find them in the catalog or Web site to show you a picture. If you're dying to know, they're both 3/4 sleeve cotton, one a blue plaid and one a sage floral.
***Friday night I had to style my hair myself, and it didn't look nearly as good as it did when Debbie did it Thursday. Imagine that.
4 comments:
Ooo, what kind of Skechers did you get? (Link wasn't working.) I am so addicted to their shoes now--wearing my black pair currently.
Post a photo of the hair! Even if it's a private link just for me--or at least email me and let me know when we can do coffee or something. :)
Trivial, ha. I'm there with you--you should have had some compliments. Who are these brutes you work with? :D
Sorry about the Skechers link - I might have it fixed now, but if not, they're black Biker Step-Ups, the ubiquitous flat with the criss-cross straps.
As for the photo, I will try to post one soon. As soon as I obtain one, that is.
You are too funny. In my opinion, relating to others about the everyday is comedy genius. Those seemingly insignificant times when you feel like you're surely the only person who done, said, saw, or felt like _____. Oh yah.
You're so sweet, browneyedgirl. And since you are one of the cleverest, most witty commentators I know, I appreciate the comment.
Post a Comment