Thursday, March 01, 2007

Anti Climax

I think my readers all know that I have an "unofficial" job offer from XYZ University. The offer won't be official until I receive the contract in the mail.

In the meantime, I am about to finish my first week of work at the Nicholson Memorial Library in Garland. They knew when I started work that I was waiting to hear about a previous job interview, but they said to go ahead and start the hiring process anyway.

Despite the still unofficial nature of the offer, my intended start date is April 2. My plan is to drive up there a few days before I start work, with enough in my little station wagon to get me by for a month or two. I'll stay in a hotel for a bit until I find someplace to rent, and then come back and move everything when I have a place into which to move.

1 comment:

the duchess said...

Congrats K! I'm so excited for you. I thought I had commented on this but apparently I've lost my marbles. Brava!