Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Q is for ?

Why is the word Quebec so hard to remember?

When I can't sleep at night I recite various texts from memory to pass the time. One (short one) I like to say is the ICAO spelling alphabet. However, I always seem to get stuck on Q. I've been trying to remember "Quebec" for about 10 days, and finally remembered to look it up today.

If only my dad lived in Canada, I'd never forget that one.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

India-Delta Oscar-November Oscar Tango-Sierra Papa Echo Alfa Kilo- Foxtrot Romeo Echo November Charlie Hotel. Papa Lima Uniform Sierra-India-Hotel Alfa Tango Echo-Sierra November Alfa India Lima Sierra-Alfa November Delta-Foxtrot Romeo Golf-Lima Echo Golf Sierra.

.-.. .- .-. .-. -.--

Auntie K said...

I've never eaten snails or frog legs, but I doubt I like them either. I don't really speak French either. Thanks for reading!

the duchess said...

Does reciting the ICAO spelling alphabet actually work for you?

Auntie K said...

duchess, Not usually by itself--too short. It's one of several things I say, mostly other religious texts. I'm relearning The Family: A Proclamation to add to my arsenal.

Tammy @ she wears flowers said...

Oh my! Too much thinking for me--luckily, I generally fall asleep instantly! You have a pretty impressive aresenal of memorized things, though!

Anonymous said...

The ICAO spelling alphabet will be a great addition to the 13 A of F, the 12 apostles, the 16 presidents of the church, the Greek alphabet and the 10 commandments.
L.