Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Where I've Been

Most readers know, but I've been too busy (and tired) to blog lately. Last week I spent Sunday afternoon through Thursday at Cub Scout Day Camp. Three words of description are hot, hot, hot.

If I go next year, I'll know many things to do differently, including:
  • wear sunscreen on my hands (they look very old with a tan)
  • borrow a REAL pop-up canopy rather than a tarp with stakes, free-standing poles, and rope
  • take a backpack water bag (already bought one)
  • start making nametags earlier than Saturday night
I spent Saturday through Tuesday traveling to and from, and having a lovely time, in beautiful (and beautifully cool) San Diego. I didn't take any pictures, but you can look at Whitney's pictures for a small taste of my trip (though I didn't stay at a hotel, shop, visit the Mormon Battalion Historic Site, or eat churros). But I did experience an earthquake and I had a great time with Brooke and Shanna, as well as seeing (uncle) Burton and Janiece and various husbands and children of the cousins.

6 comments:

Auntie K said...

I should also say that I saw my dad and heard him sing with Evening Song.

Anonymous said...

And you should also say that you missed your mom, who, unfortunately, could not make the trip. And you missed your beloved auntie, also.

Auntie K said...

Most certainly, Anonymous. Missing C and L on the trip goes without saying.

Anonymous said...

And did you miss your siblings, who were also unable to make it?

Auntie K said...

The list goes on and on, doesn't it!

the duchess said...

What a camper. (pun intended)