Sunday, July 05, 2009

I Knew Better

Have you ever gone ahead and done something you knew you shouldn't? It's probably a daily occurrence for me, but the latest instance was making nonfat pumpkin bread. I knew that a quick bread with no fat would taste terrible, but for some idiotic reason I expected miraculous, impossible results. They didn't happen.

The other culinary experiment of the day was potato leek soup, which turned out not so bad. I used a mixture of half and half and skim milk instead of the specified nonfat half and half (talk about an oxymoron) . My one mistake was in not realizing how salty four cups of chicken bouillon would taste. I used that because I find myself possessed of not one, but two jars of bouillon. Now I know for next time, though I doubt I'll be able to afford the leeks again!

1 comment:

the duchess said...

Mmm, that sounds good. Share the recipe.