Tomorrow I'm going to the Nashville Public Library for training. So of course, my thoughts are turning to food. No, not because the library is known for exceptional food (though I have scoped out the lunch possibilities), but because driving to the big city means I'll be minutes away from some unique opportunities.
So, if you were making a biennial trip to Whole Foods Market and Trader Joe's, what would be on your shopping list?
3 comments:
I've never experienced the phemon that is Trader Joe's, although a friend did bring me back a tub of yummy oatmeal raisin cookies once. We're so spoiled with our Whole Foods, Central Market, Market Street, Sprouts, etc. Whatever you get...enjoy!
never been to Trader Joe's, but i hear their turkey meatballs, cilantro hummus, peanut butter, and pretty much all cookies are fabulous.
at Whole Foods/Sprouts, I buy goat cheese, walnuts (when they go on sale they're sometimes cheaper than Kroger!), hummus, and their dried foods section where you buy stuff by the pound is lovely... yogurt-covered raisins or pretzels, wasabi peas, chili-covered dried mangos, trail mix, etc. Often makes for cheaper, yummier, and healthier snacks than I buy at generic grocery stores!
which reminds me: my new favorite snack is mixing nearly equal amounts of goat cheese, walnuts, dried cranberries, and a tiny bit of wasabi peas (you eat it with a spoon). i know that sounds bizarre, but it's yummy, pretty healthy, and has enough protein to hold you over (i just eat that for dinner when i'm too tired to cook).
I'm all about not cooking, and getting in enough protein. I may have to try your snack, starrlett.
Yes, duchess, you are spoiled. Don't ever forget it. Container Store, Super Target, Central Market...
Post a Comment