Thursday, June 18, 2009

Anticlimactic, or, a Litany of Excuses

I visited Whole Foods yesterday. I'm sorry to report that I didn't come out with anything more exotic than an avocado. I also picked up some nice sweet cherries, some raspberry jam (organic, of course), three boxes of Near East Creamy Parmesan Creative Grains, which is not available to me anywhere else, and a bag of shortcake biscuits (and a cookie, apple, and candybar, if you want to know everything).

I have some peaches at home that I plan to eat with the biscuits, and I read up on whipping cream when I got home (apparently, ultrapasturization is death if you want nice whipped cream, but that's probably all that's available to me). And yes, I could make my own shortbread biscuits, but for some reason, they called to me from the bakery table.

It was raining to beat the band when I finished at Whole Foods, so I decided to skip Trader Joe's, then drove around the block and into the parking lot anyway, but once there, stuck to my guns and left without going in.

Let's face it, I probably would have bought only candy and nuts at Trader Joe's, neither of which I really need, especially after buying 400-calorie biscuits. Finally, my lunch at Provence yesterday was $11 and I was still feeling the pinch, so I'll save that for another trip.

No comments: