
I have a cute new refurbished Sansa Clip. My other mp3 player works just fine, but it doesn't play Audible downloads. So, the refurbished Clip was an inexpensive way to remedy my situation (a cheaper fix would be to cancel my $14.95/mo Audible subscription, but we won't go there).
I own a refurbished Makita drill (thanks, Dad!), and if the IRS ever sends me the money for my first time homebuyer credit, I'll spend some of it to buy a refurbished Makita saw. Also on my want list is a refurbished G2 iPod Touch, once it's no longer the current model.
This all got me thinking, "Wouldn't it be nice if i could send MYSELF in for refurbishing?" It's often difficult to tell you're holding a refurbished item, unless you look at the paperwork or in the case of the Clip, if the mfr has marked the item. I'd be OK with an R somewhere on my body if I could send myself in for a thorough inside and out cleaning, face-lift, and general tune-up.
2 comments:
iDontgettheappealof iPhones. My relatives all have them and I find them difficult to use. Texting is impossible.
Refurbishing goes on all around us every day. You haven't been out of Dallas THAT long, have you? I wouldn't sneeze at a little microderm abrasion myself.
duchess, I held my first iPod just recently. It was a touch, and I was enthralled by the possibility of checking my email, doing some simple Web browsing, read a book, all on the same gadget. In all likelihood, I'll never buy one, but you never know. Perhaps I'd be better off with a BlackBerry or another non-iPod smartphone.
Post a Comment