
I suppose it's too early to complain about the dog days of summer, so I'll complain about the pre-dog days of summer. Hot weather is starting to move in, there are no holidays to look forward to this month, I need but don't want to get serious about my summer work agenda, and it all seems a little dreary.
On the other hand, my reading life is looking up these days, so I'll try to not complain too loudly.
photo: Rhoads, Harry M. ca. 1920-1930. Female with puppies [photograph]. Western History/Genealogy Department, Denver Public Library. Available from Library of Congress American Memory at http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/r?ammem/hawp:@field(NUMBER+@band(codhawp+00186544))
3 comments:
I hear yah. Although I thought for sure by your post title that you'd bought a dog to go with the new house. ;o)
Just be happy that you're not spending those dog days in Texas this summer. Although, I'm sure that it still gets pretty hot there. I'm so sad that summer is upon us. Thinking about how much hotter it will soon get makes it hard to enjoy the more "mild" heat.
How is the Marie Osmond book going? Worth reading?
Post a Comment