The Duchess reminded me how sorry I feel for anyone not fortunate enough to spend at least part of their teen or pre-teen years in the '80s. (Though I admit, I think it would have been even cooler to spend those years in the '70s--where I was only a grade-schooler).
What prompted the trip down memory lane? Michael Jackson's Thriller. I can see myself, clear as day, at my friend Heather's house across the street watching the Thriller video on MTV, enthralled and amazed. And that leads me to another classic '80's memory--Alfonso Ribeiro breakdancing on Silver Spoons. Which leads to thinking about Jason Bateman, which leads to...
4 comments:
Can't say that I lived my teens in the 80s, but I've had plenty of chances to live the dream that never was.
I don't where Adam was because I think we're the same age! But isn't Thriller funny? I got the idea to add it while listening to a radio station who was revisiting old Grammy award-winning songs from the past. I remember watching the Thriller video in total amazement. I was all of 7 y/o and utterly captivated.
Well, I think Adam feels he has to act like an adult now that he has two children. I loved listening to your play list! Mary--will you burn me some MJ?
Oh, I am such a ridiculously huge Thriller fan! On my list of "silly things I want to do before I die," one of them is to learn the whole line-dance bit. Yes, just like in "13 going on 30"--i thought that was the only truly awesome part of that movie.
Ah, the 80's. That's been the greatest part about satellite radio--they have an 80's station. No 60's, 70's on 90's mixed in with it--just pure coolness and a whole lot of memories.
(Okay, the Broadway channel is also pretty awesome.)
Excuse me while I go hunt up my leg-warmers and acid-wash jeans.
Post a Comment