Sunday, February 10, 2008

Naked Dreams

Do you ever dream you're walking around naked in public, or you forgot to study for the big test? I dream the former all the time, and have stopped trying to figure out what it means. All I know is that in my dreams, I know I'm unclothed and feel a bit embarrassed about it, but it doesn't seem to be the acute crisis it would be in real life. As for the test, my variation is always that I didn't go to class all semester, and now it's time for the final exam. Hmm--I've actually lived that one in real life and it isn't pretty.

But the most terrifying recurring night-dreams I have involve cars--either pushing on the brakes and the car won't stop, or driving up a nearly perpendicular slope and knowing the car will tip over backwards.

I had a car dream of the second variety while napping this afternoon. All I have to say is, Dad, if you decide to take out the truck to test the roads for possible ice, please don't take me with you and don't drive up an incline and then back over the edge of the other side. I'll miss Seminary and be late to work, the humidity outside will frizz my hair, and I really don't fancy riding a horse backwards. Enough said?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For many years I have not been able to remember any dreams, but as a child (not a kid) I had many of the same type of dreams. Tests were never a problem, but falling off of never ending cliffs and walking down never ending tunnels, as well as always finding myself running around without clothing, although it was always a sense of being without, never any R or X rated picture, that was the persistent problem.