Since I previously used this space to semi-publicly agonize over Seminary, I thought I would at least tell you how things are going now.
I guess we've all settled into a routine, so to speak. I have one student who is nearly always there at 6:15, and I often have one or two others who will show up on time (one consistent offender has a deal with his dad that he can get contacts after he's been on time for a month, and it's working so far).
Few students are reading the Old Testament outside of class, and I myself am still only a few pages ahead of the lesson schedule. One student also goes to institute (weekly study class for college-age adults) and so he usually knows the basic facts about a given section.
The extraneous talking has improved a bit, or maybe I'm just more tolerant. I'm fast losing patience with the lovebirds, and am being more vocal with them about their behavior in class and not letting them hang out in the hall by themselves after class. In my heart of hearts, I wish I wouldn't have them in class next year, but that's between you and me.
I've been doing more scripture mastery work, and trying to have the students memorize a scripture each week. We'll work on it for part of the class on Friday, and then review it during the week.
So, all in all, things look better than they did, and I try to not dwell on the unrelenting nature of it all. My personal life is a total mess--not spending enough time on work, ate donuts for dinner twice this week, getting up later and later every week--but that's fodder for another post. Or not.
No comments:
Post a Comment