Thursday, November 23, 2006

Library Memories

While I was lying awake yesterday morning at 4 am, bemoaning the sad state of my blog and wondering if any of my readers are even still reading, I hit upon a topic to share with you.

Here then, are reminiscences from my happy childhood as a library patron.

Rules I learned from my elementary school librarian in Dale City, Virginia:

Fondest library memory:

Quirky Childhood Habit:
    While roaming the stacks of the Potomac Community Library, I invariably left my library card sitting on a shelf somewhere (apparently my mother had yet to teach me the benefits of carrying a handbag). Sometimes I was able to back track through my wanderings and retrieve the card. Other times, the card had already been turned in at the front desk by the time I went to ask about it.


Favorite Childhood Library Book:

2 comments:

the duchess said...

What happened? My apologies if you get this twice. Of course I'm still reading. My only connection as of late seems to be virtual. I just wish I were half as industrious during the daytime as you are in the middle of the night.

Auntie K said...

Oh, I'm not industrious--just can't sleep! And I'm so glad you're still reading.