Monday, April 30, 2012

New Adventure

I received a new calling Sunday as second counselor in the Stake Primary presidency. So instead of teaching the five year olds every week, I'll spend one Sunday a month visiting other congregations in the area to advise and counsel with their Primary leaders. The three women I'll work with in the presidency are awesome, and I'm looking forward to knowing them better.

During the meeting this morning, I thought about the fact that even though I don't have children in my home, I've been able to know and love many children as I've worked in Primary. Later, in the setting apart blessing, I was blessed to come to know many children in the stake by name and to have an influence on many of them.

I listened to all three setting apart blessings, and each prayer was unique and nearly nothing was repeated for two people. That, along with the personal blessing I mentioned, reinforced my conviction that this is the place the Lord wants me to serve right now. I'm not sure how I'll come to know many children by name in only one visit a year, but I trust that it will be so, if I do my part.

I've been extremely fortunate to serve in the past as a counselor and secretary to two of the best Primary presidents the Church could have produced (one is my mother), and I know I've been well prepared for this calling.

1 comment:

the duchess said...

Wow. Congratulations! Are congratulations in order for new callings? I'd rather err on the side of celebratory optimism and good fortune. What a grand adventure. And please pass along your wisdom for us lowly Valiant teachers flying by the seat of our pants.