Friday, April 27, 2012

Another Shoe Story, or, Pride Goeth Before a Fall

I scored the cutest-ever pair of tortoise brown patent wedges a few weeks ago from Jildor, at an incredible 70% discount. I wore them to Church the next Sunday and to work on Monday, and they received rave reviews. It was fun to be so tall and walk around in such a sassy pair of shoes. That is, it was fun until I tripped in the periodicals department and skinned my knee, right in front of a cute student (who asked me if I was OK). Well, my pride was a bit wounded. And I have a bruise on my palm from breaking the fall. And a very sore knee.


That wouldn't have happened if I hadn't aspired to such lofty heights and had instead worn my other new pair of shoes, the Birkenstocks I've wanted ever since they were de rigueur for cool students at my college. Since I'm twenty + years older now, I opted for a slightly more fashionable pair than they wore back then, with the middle-aged concession of a soft footbed. They're definitely on deck for tomorrow.

1 comment:

the duchess said...

I looove the wedges! Sorry for your fall, though. The price we pay for fashion, I suppose.