Friday, January 27, 2012

Turning on the TV, A Technical Manual

Six year old A might have a future as a technical writer. Do you agree? Take a look at her written notes for how to turn on my TV and adjust the volume (while Auntie is still asleep in the morning). I think she describes the process quite clearly.


Transcription:
Both Red Butens.
[Diagram of Red Buttons labeled "FRST" has been crossed out]
Last: +button for loud, -button for soft
[volume controls are on the MAGNAVOX remote]
WATE FOR THE GREEN [BAR] TO COVER THE WIT [WIDTH] [OF THE] TV -------------


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of us who have that genius ability to figure out how things work and use them to our advantage must start somewhere. I used to take things apart to see how they ran. For many years I was much better at taking them apart than getting them back together

Adam said...

Looks like the work of a genius. Probably inherited from the parents...

Auntie K said...

No doubt, A!

Auntie K said...

The end to the story is that my local PBS station only shows children's shows on Saturday until 9am, so A didn't really use the TV anyway. She apparently wasn't interested in watching Victory Garden, and I couldn't interest her in Richard Scarry either.