I don't have enough time to indulge in all my pastimes all the time, so I have to choose. For a while, I was reading a book or two a week, but now I'm knitting, with a bit of time devoted to crosswords (I can do Thursday NYT puzzles if I put my mind to it and cheat a tiny bit!). Of course, I don't just sit and knit, I sit and knit and watch a DVD, either The X Files (just finished season five), or my current favorite British crime drama, Inspector Lewis.
After bemoaning all the recent evenings I've worked "late" or had to go somewhere after work, I had a perfectly lovely evening last night. I didn't get home until 6pm, but I still had time to watch a DVD, do some knitting, work on a crossword and finish off the evening reading in the Book of Mormon in bed, all before 11:45.
What's your idea of a perfectly lovely evening?
3 comments:
I have about 7 episodes of Inspector Lewis sitting in queue on my DVR that I haven't managed to watch yet. So is it really that good?
Perfectly Lovely to me might consist of...
no traffic on the way home
a nice run outside on the trail
dinner of delicious leftovers (unless I feel like cooking for some reason)
stumbling upon a new episode of Seinfeld
Talking to a member of my family
Editing a chapter of my work-in-progress
Reading for two hours
Asleep by 9:30
I might try this tonight. Better hurry!
Yes, duchess, I love Lewis. I've now watched all of them, and am sad that I'm done, though there is another series (season) on the way. Watch it for no other reason than Laurence Fox. He's hot.
Post a Comment