Saturday, October 22, 2011

What's Up, Doc?

I think autumn has finally arrived in middle Tennessee, and not a moment too soon. Here's what I've been up to lately:

  • Had a fun but short visit in KY two weeks ago for baby J's blessing.
  • Caught a cold this week, and haven't had a voice for three days. My wonderful coworker A taught a class for me on Thursday and again on Friday. We'll see how Primary goes tomorrow!
  • I also caught the knitting bug again, so I'm not reading much of anything, but I'm having fun knitting and poring over knitting catalogs.
  • I'm completely and utterly unenthused about teaching library classes, and I'm tired of the students not paying attention or answering questions. I taught one class on Thursday, and it was awful. Fortunately, A saved me from my misery by teaching the next one (see above).
  • I've been semi-busy preparing for M and D to visit, though we'll only have a couple of days together (while I'm still at work both days) and then I fly to see A1 and family for a few days.
  • M and D's imminent visit is part of the reason I'm picking up and cleaning, but I'm also determined to get this house into shape once and for all. If you know what my house looks like, you know it's not a weekend project, but I'm going to stick with it until I see some results. First step--I have nearly all the jewelry off the dresser top and in a drawer where it's truly accessible and not in a pile. Yea me!
  • I hemmed two pairs of slacks last week in the same evening. I think it's a personal best for productivity.

3 comments:

Ophelia London said...

Did you hem by hand? I'm so impressed. I really want to learn how to do that.

Auntie K said...

On the machine because they were chinos, but that reminds me that I have a pair of suit pants to hem, and that will have to be by hand. I don't mind the actual sewing, it's the measuring and folding that I hate.

Ophelia London said...

At least you can do it. Hats off!