Friday, July 01, 2011
I Scream, You Scream
I've decided there are few things finer in this world than a big bowl of Blue Bell Pecan Pralines 'n Cream. And a few of you are lucky enough to have known Blue Bell's Black Forest Cake, which is still one of my all-time favorites.
I also have fond memories of getting a birthday cup every year at Baskin Robbins (until I turned 12). Rainbow Sherbet and Mint Chocolate Chip were usually my choices, though Pink Bubble Gum was also tempting. I don't think Peanut Butter and Chocolate was around back then. It's my favorite BR flavor now, but if you too like it, I warn you to not read the ingredients list.
And then there's my best ice cream memory, the licorice ice cream my mother made with Richardson's licorice mints.
What are your thoughts on this versatile frozen dessert?
image: Colton, E.S. (1868). Neapolitan ice cream [broadside]. In An American time capsule: Three centuries of broadsides and other printed ephemera. Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
L.O.V.E IT! But not very often--big shocker isn't it! :)
You certainly can't go wrong with any BB flavor. I've always wanted to visit their factory in south TX but never have. I also recall B&R being the ultimate luxury as a kid. Mint chocolate chip girl, too.
Do you who have Blue Bell realize how lucky you are? Our local Blue Bunny doesn't measure up.
L.
Post a Comment