When I'm depressed, I often don't feel like reading (real bad for my library account), so I end up doing a lot of crossword puzzles instead (Four-letter word for "copycat" is APER).
There are, however, a few titles I can turn to that always appeal.
- Persuasion (read this last week)
- The New Testament (3 Peter and 1 John last night)
- Mary Poppins (haven't read this in a while)
3 comments:
I remember when Auntie K was in her "late teens" and had her wisdom teeth out--a terrible experience for her--and the only thing that brought her comfort was for her loving mother to read Mary Poppins to her. The wonderful mother was comforted also.
M
Personally, I find few things more comforting than sitting on my bed with a good snack and reading a true medical book, such as "Waking Up Blind."
L.
I wish Waking Up Blind were available to me without going through Interlibrary Loan. My latest "good snack" is salted popcorn popped on the stove. One week I had it three (or four?) nights in a row.
Post a Comment