Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ides of January

On this auspicious day, all before 8 am:
  • I didn't have to scrape my car windows despite the 18 degree outside temperature.
  • A boy half my age called me "doll" and "darling."
  • Ginny offered me first choice from a box of donuts (powdered chocolate cream filled).
I'm already dreaming about the afternoon. Maybe I'll:
  • Win the lottery.
  • Find out my house is built on a large vein of gold, oil, AND diamonds.
  • Find that I've been chosen to test drive, with no cost involved, a Nook, Kindle, iPad, and Verizon 4G LTE USB.
Or maybe not.

2 comments:

the duchess said...

My coworker tells me about her Nook all the time. Do you use one of those fancy readers?

Auntie K said...

No, I do not have an ebook reader. The two legitimate reasons I want one are to take multiple books on a trip and to read downloadable ebooks from the library (though you can't do that on a Kindle). Beyond that, I would probably use it for previewing more than reading, because I don't buy many books, I get them from the library.