Sunday's Primary lesson is on being an example. In order to involve a student who is autistic, I have been illustrating some of the lessons with comic panes (he will usually pay attention if something has word bubbles). This week, I drew and scanned several figures and then assembled everything in Word. Not the most efficient method, but perhaps legible than my 100% freehand attempts.
(You'll need to click on each pane to see it in large format)



3 comments:
How clever! I wish I'd thought of things like that when I was teaching kids. Or adults, for that matter.
L.
L, I was a little miffed Sunday when it didn't look like S was going to be there. He showed up, however, and the lesson went really well. S read one of the items aloud and he answered a question, both firsts. Of course, the cartoons slowed the whole lesson down because the entire class had to read each bubble aloud. We also "fished" for a few items, which was time consuming but went over big. Now that my people are drawn and scanned, I look forward to using them again.
Very cool. I'm sure there's some very grateful parents out there.
P.S.
My word verification was "fatish". I think it's trying to tell me something.
Post a Comment