I would like to tell you I spent my week making this super cute rag quilt. However, that would be a bald-faced lie. I did, however, spend one pleasant evening watching Mansfield Park and The Secret Life of Mrs. Beeton while I clipped all the seams (still not sure what I think about the movies, but the quilt is certainly a winner).If you would like your own quilt, you can see some wonderfully clear instructions at she wears flowers. Or perhaps, you could visit she wears flowers' Etsy shop and ask if you could buy a rag quilt there.
-------------
For those readers who don't know, Auntie K is famous for being interested in and reading LOTS about different hobbies and skills, such as baking, knitting, quilting, running, candymaking, etc. K usually falls down at the application stage, but she enjoys dreaming. Right now, she's dreaming (obviously) about sewing. The dreaming sometimes bleeds into the supplies stage of application. Thus, K just purchased some yummy fabric to make a tunic (here's the accent), T just gifted her the most beautiful fabric ever for a skirt, and K is racking her brain to decide how she could best use this perfectly lovely Alexander Henry for something smashing.
Isn't dreaming fun?
3 comments:
Thanks for the kind words! You did a great job clipping--I can tell!! And, I love your fabrics. I can't wait to see what you end up using that art gallery fabric on--it is gorgeous!
Ohhhh, I love that! I'm always on the lookout for a fun, new craft project.
I also need to thank my own auntie for supplying the beautiful two-faced satin ribbon. I love recycling gift wrapping!
Post a Comment