I suppose there are some things you can do in daylight that you can't do in the dark, but lately I've crossed two things off that list: planting and weeding.
A couple of weeks ago I started planting bulbs on a Saturday afternoon, and afternoon quickly turned to night. I ended up doing 6 of them in the dark, by the light of the exterior house light.
Then last night, I arrived home at 9:30 and couldn't bear the thought of the multitude of dandelions in the yard that were all going to go to seed today. Since it's going to be several days before I can mow (and I'm the only one on the street who hasn't mowed yet), I got out my flashlight and went to town. I'm sure I hit less than 20% of the dandelions, but I felt better about things 75 minutes later. I also pulled up quite a bit of unnamed weed from a planting bed and chopped down some wild onion (which grows quite tall) . Of course, I didn't actually eliminate the dandelions, I just beheaded them. Still, not bad for a partial evening's work.
And here's the bonus--no sunburn and a nice cool breeze!
3 comments:
Do you hire out? Meals and lodging would be furnished.
L.
You're not alone. My next door neighbor mows in the dark, too.
Ha, ha. I ended up mowing 75% of the front yard in the dark last week in order to beat the rain. I don't advise it for several reasons.
L, it would be satisfying to mow your luscious grass. But I don't think I've ever seen a weed in your hard.
Post a Comment