Saturday, September 19, 2009

Burning Questions

Are there people who never get a tune caught in their head?

How can I possibly be sustaining new mosquito bites every night as I sleep?

Pizza or Chinese?

Where on earth is my MP3 player?

If Hell Freezes Over is in the Bill Harley cd case, where is the Bill Harley cd?

Is it possible for a piece of music to be too achingly beautiful?

Why am I contemplating either pizza or Chinese, when I'm supposed to be on a financial and nutrition diet?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the scientific name for tunes-stuck-in-your-mind. Ear worms. And supposedly the worms are only so many measurs long---like maybe 8 or 16. Some are more annoying than others.
L.

Auntie K said...

I had no idea such a term existed, L. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

There are certain foods that are primary in the food chain that you cannot do without. Pizza and Chinese are two. As for the music, the answer is YES! There are times when I think it is a close as you can come to being 'in the world, but not of it.'

Although, on the other end of the scale, there is a lot of noise.

LW

the duchess said...

If there are I don't care to know them. It's not normal.

When I was in Samoa I slept under a mosquito net surrounded by burning incense. Just sayin'.

Either just not both.

No clue.

Probably on the backseat floorboard of your car.

Absolutely. That's a masterpiece.

Because you haven't been taken up in the Rapture yet. ;o)

Auntie K said...

ha. I think my mp3 player turned out to be in my capacious bag after all! But back seat floorboard was an excellent suggestion.

Auntie K said...

Now that the duchess has commented, I see the YouTube video I linked to has been removed for terms of use violation. I did wonder if the video represented a copyright violation. Guess it did!. If memory serves, it was the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing "His Voice Like the Sound." http://www.amazon.com/Come-Thou-Fount-Every-Blessing/dp/B001MYIPWS