Wherein Auntie K reveals (some of) what is on her mind.
Monday, May 11, 2009
Higher Math
K moved into a new house 3.5 months ago and has hung one set of curtains.* With eight windows to go, how long will it be before all the curtains are hung?
*two sets if you count the bedsheet hung from an existing rod.
3 comments:
Amy
said...
This is tricky, because the time it takes to complete one task increases as you live in a house longer. The exception is when you commit yourself to a family holiday or other large gathering at your house. If you're looking for a motivator, have Christmas there.
There are many variables. How important are curtains to you? Are you making or buying them? I'll confess that it's been 5 years and I'm just now getting some up in my house. Bad, I know, but it just wasn't that much of a priority to me. Plus I'm super picky so I had to wait until I found the right ones.
3 comments:
This is tricky, because the time it takes to complete one task increases as you live in a house longer. The exception is when you commit yourself to a family holiday or other large gathering at your house. If you're looking for a motivator, have Christmas there.
There are many variables. How important are curtains to you? Are you making or buying them? I'll confess that it's been 5 years and I'm just now getting some up in my house. Bad, I know, but it just wasn't that much of a priority to me. Plus I'm super picky so I had to wait until I found the right ones.
I had no idea this problem was so complicated.
Post a Comment