
Some women at work have started a weight loss pool. $25 per person, with 18 people in the pool. Some dedicated, disciplined person is going to win $450 in June by having lost the most weight in the group.
Not sure if I'll be that person or not, but I'm going to give it a shot. I figure my chances are as good as anyone's.* It fits nicely with all the other upcoming changes, changes I hesitate to call a lifestyle shift because I don't want to jinx myself, but which I hope, nonetheless, will signal better quality living in the coming months. There's something to be said for being close to rock bottom--it only gives you one way to go!
*In a previous contest, the winner lost 30 pounds, and in a later contest, two winners tied with less than 5 pounds lost.
photo credit: Chicago Daily News Inc. (1916). Cook County Health Commissioner, Dr. John Dill Robertson, weighing Gertrude Nelligan on a scale in an office [photo]. Chicago Daily News negatives collection, DN-0067314. Courtesy of the Chicago Historical Society. Retrieved from Library of Congress American Memory Project at http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/r?ammem/
cdn:@field(NUMBER+@band(ichicdn+n067314))
2 comments:
Those types of challenges can be quite motivational. My Aunt & Uncle started a Biggest Loser competition with several other couples a month before the holidays. They've had a lot of success, although my Uncle cheated by artificially inflating his weight with water at the start.
I admit I did weigh in with a reasonably full bladder, but I didn't try anything more underhanded than that. Please don't tell anyone though!
Post a Comment