After yet another look at my finances, I've decided to give up home cable and Internet access, at least for several months.
Yes I know, bad timing, with new episodes of Monk, Psych, Lost, and L&O: CI on the horizon. And having Internet access at home has been marvelous, since it enables me to do things like blog at 1:15 am without leaving the house (or even my bed, for that matter).
However, I can think of a lot I can do with $110.16 a month, not the least of which is start paying down some of the temporary debt I'm going to incur by moving.
I think I'll be OK, as long as no one mentions The Closer.
6 comments:
Life will not be the same without Internet access...
Sounds like you need an iPhone.
J - is an iPhone going to save me money too?
A - not be the same worse or not be the same better? You're supposed to say, "I've done it and it's really not that bad."
Not be the same...it depends on your Internet usage and habits. Having the Internet could cure your TV show woes, as most are streamed online these days. Not having the Internet would free you from blogging at 1:00am in the morning or spending otherwise too much time online.
I feel for you. It's a luxury but one you'll feel most acutely when it's gone. However, I'm certain you'll adjust well and find much more time to devote to yet undiscovered hobbies.
If I could figure out how to use my DVR/recorder, I would tape that unmentionable show for you...
-MAS
Post a Comment