Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas = Road Trip =

... AUDIOBOOKS! My excitement about seeing my family, particularly Niece #3 and Nephew #1, is only slightly surpassed by the excitement of knowing I'll have 22 hours in which to listen to any of the following:

The Private Patient - P.D. James

When Will There Be Good News?
- Kate Atkinson

Second Glance - Jodi Picoult

The Laughter of Dead Kings - Elizabeth Peters

Eat, Pray, Love - Elizabeth Gilbert

I'm still in a real print slump, but I'm all for audio!

6 comments:

whitney said...

hey! its whitney, linda's granddaughter. i love peeking in on your blog and i noticed that you are going to read/listen to "private patient". i have been wanting to read that too but havent gotten around to it. let me know what you think!! and have a wonderfl christmas. and say hello to your mom for me! :)

Anonymous said...

Go, Audio!! I just finished Mutant Message Down Under and highly recommend it. Apparently, we have lots to learn from the Aboriginals. Marlo Morgan wrote it as "fiction," she says, to protect the Aboriginal trible about which it is, but it really happened to her. And, Whitney, 'hi' to you too! I look in on your blog, too.
M

Jen said...

I'll be interested to hear what you think of Eat, Pray, Love. I've been trying to get around to reading it but keep getting such mixed reviews (and I can't always take Oprah's word for it). Since I trust your judgement, I'll be waiting to hear.

Auntie K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Auntie K said...

Have to tell you that Eat, Pray, Love is pretty much at the bottom of the list, but if I get to it, I'll certainly let you know what I think. I really just threw that in there to make my Fiction/Non-Fiction ratio look slightly better.

Auntie K said...

Hi, Whitney. I love peeking in on your blog too. That Tagg sure is adorable. Say hi to your mom for me!