Monday, December 29, 2008

Self Sabatoge

After a lovely catching-up with M tonight, I decided to (re)join Goodreads as a way to keep in touch with her and a few other friends who are there. I can think of only a few combinations better than good friends and good books. I say (re)join because I joined last year but forget under what name or address.

Anyway, I'm back on Goodreads, and thanks to the text-based reading list on my wiki, I can add to Goodreads the books I've read in the past 18 months. But that's where my split personality tendencies take over.

I'm the person who is perfectly content to dump a bag of (nonperishable) groceries on the floor by the front door when I come in and then and walk by it for several days before putting away the groceries. But I feel compelled, as I add books I've read to my Goodreads account, to add the specific edition I read, not just another edition of the same title. Since my wiki list doesn't include ISBN's, it's going to take a bit of time to add each book.

I AM my own worst enemy.

1 comment:

The Back Lot said...

I've been looking at your GoodReads page and have already put in a couple of requests at the library. I love good books, too! Welcome (back?)!
-M