Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Milestone



I just taught the 142nd instruction session of the semester, and what should also be the last. Yay!

Yes, Instruction Librarian is my job title, but I'm ready for a bit of a break, at least from library instruction. I'm so sick of listening to myself talk and make corny jokes.

For those interested in numbers, I taught 42 of the 142 sessions, a very respectable number (there are ten other librarians who teach).

Now, on to other instruction "opportunities."

Photo: Chicago Daily News. 1928. Woman standing at a chalkboard and sitting at desks during a class at the Chicago Public Library. Chicago Daily News negatives collection, Chicago Historical Society.
Available at http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/r?ammem/cdn:@field(NUMBER+@band(ichicdn+n086741))

1 comment:

Adam said...

Wow, 42 classes in one semester. What a way to begin your first long semester as Instruction Librarian.

If you figure a 15 week semester, a full-time instructor who teaches 3 times a week has about 45 lectures for one course. You are right on par with full-time instructors in addition to your other responsibilities. Way to go and now you can take break from class instruction at MTSU.