So there I was, sitting in my office on my "lunch" break, catching up on Heroes, when my phone rang, showing a 615 number. And guess what? While I was out of town last Sunday, our ward was split to form the Blackman Branch, of which I am now a part. The branch has about 260 members, which makes it nearly big enough to be a ward. And, we're meeting in the Smyrna building.
Hmm. I will have to leave a bit earlier for Church this Sunday than I usually do. Quite a bit earlier, since I'm playing the organ (hence the phone call, though I suspect and hope someone would have called me before Sunday regardless). Any bets on whether or not I'll be called as Ward Organist?
Personally, I think this is a good thing. It's much easier to get to know people in a branch of 260 than in a ward of 500-plus. And since I haven't formed any strong attachments in the ward, I'm not as sorry to leave as I'm sure some people are.
Finally, call it coincidence or not, but I was supposed to work this Sunday. Just this afternoon, however, someone in the office asked to switch with me. Great timing, eh?
No comments:
Post a Comment