Thursday, October 05, 2006

Still Here

I'm still here, though you may not know it by reading my blog. Last Friday, my first day of real "work" at Target, I decided I was going to be too depressed to ever blog again. A week later, I don't feel that way anymore, but Target has apparently robbed me of what little creativity I ever had. As Anne would say, there just isn't much "scope for imagination" at Target. I can't think of anything to blog about except Target, and to tell the truth, I'm kind of tired of thinking about Target.

As for the job, the work itself is fine, though physically tiring and often very slow in passing. Today I "amused" myself while waiting for guests by figuring out how many hours I would need to work in a month in order to pay for health insurance. Answer: Too many. In case you're wondering, I had to agree to work some Sundays in order to be hired. My first Sunday shift is this weekend. Can't you see the big smile on my face?

Turning to other news, Tuesday I took a quick trip south to visit Curly and her parents. Nothing eventful to report, but I believe a good time was had by all. I can attest that Curly has her body parts and animal sounds down pat. She's also fond of avocados. Hmm--obviously doesn't take after her father in the food department!

2 comments:

Starrlett said...

Oh, I know exactly what you mean--don't you love how Anne knew, too? I've had my share of jobs lacking "scope for imagination."

Hmph, Sundays. Isn't that one of the great things about Chick-Fil-A and Hobby Lobby? Hooray for workplaces that close on Sunday!

Auntie K said...

Yes, I agree. Hooray for Chick-Fil-A and Hobby Lobby! But at least Target isn't open 24-hours a day, like some of their competitors.